Logistics & Transport
Your gateway to Scandinavia, the Baltics and northern Europe
Helsingborg has a uniqe location at the intersection of three international highways. The region is well supported by rail connection and functions as a transit hub for traffic between Scandinavia, the Baltics and continental Europe. The Port of Helsingborg is the second largest container port in Sweden and handles around 8 million tonnes of cargo annually.
Helsingborg is a hub for sea, road and rail transportation. It is easy to switch between the three modes of transport, which gives the region unique characteristics as a logistical hub with excellent infrastructure. The region is Scandinavia’s logistics capital linking Europe with Scandinavia. With ten countries bordering the Baltic Sea, you can reach 100 million consumers within 24 hours.
A well-established logistics hub
Global logistics companies such as DHL Express, PostNord, Schenker, DSV, Green Cargo and Bring have chosen Helsingborg for their regional logistics centre, owing to the region’s excellent infrastructure and its close proximity and short lead time to the rest of Scandinavia, Northern Europe, Russia and the Baltics. Companies like PUMA have chosen Helsingborg for its Nordic warehouse.
Easy access to the market
- Scandinavia’s largest airport and seaports, measured by number of connections, passengers and cargo traffic
- Large intermodal logistics hubs
- Highly competent supply chain professionals, ranked first in the world for Logistics Management by IMD 2014.
- 42% of all Scandinavian businesses (100+ employees) within a 3-hour drive from the region
- 36% of the entire Scandinavian population within a 3-hour drive from the region
- 53% of all Scandinavian companies (more than 1 million companies) within a 3-hour drive from the region
- By 2024, the world’s longest rail and highway tunnel will link our region with Germany,
The Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link, reducing travel time between Hamburg and Copenhagen to two hours
Copenhagen has Scandinavia’s largest airport
Copenhagen Airport is Scandinavia’s largest airport with the most intercontinental, European, Scandinavian & Baltic connections of all the Scandinavian airports, expanding to 40 million passengers in 2020. The airport is located in the heart of Greater Copenhagen, only 15 minutes from the city centre.
- No. 1 airport in Northern Europe – World Airport Awards 2015.
- No. 1 for world’s best airport route development – World Routes Award 2013.
- No. 2 in the world for “Best airport security” – World Airport Awards 2015.
- Top logistics location
- Second largest container port in Sweden
Combi terminal gives access to a rail and road freight network
- Sweden’s import hub for fruit and vegtables
Over 90% through the port of Helsingborg
- 4 airports within 1 hour
Copenhagen Airport, Ängelholm–Helsingborg Airport, Halmstad Airport & Malmö Airport
- Direct connections to three international highways
- World-class sustainable transport systems
- Advanced freight flows